When K&B Underwriters developed DigniCARE, we wanted to do more than put together an insurance solution for the senior living industry. We integrated a risk management program based on a philosophy and belief system that when you engage and empower your caregivers and put the wellbeing of your residents first, everyone is actively involved in helping to mitigate risk and stem losses. That means going beyond focusing on the clinical aspects of risk management to offering a look at the entire enterprise across various systems, evaluating such areas as employee safety, satisfaction and employment practices.
By so doing, our values-based risk management program helps you increase resident safety, satisfaction and census, and reduce staff workload and turnover. This is even more critical today with the rise in claims, higher acuity levels, increased regulation, and a changing industry looking to position itself to meet the demands of an aging population. Providing risk management techniques that help you take the right approach to business practices helps mitigate your facility’s liability and fosters a more profitable and successful organization that will invite more residents.
Exceeding expectations with our risk management solutions that include:
- A consultative approach based on your perspective rather than on compliance or “state survey”. We begin with an initial telephone consultation to assess Best Practices, review our available resources and build a mutually agreed upon service plan.
- Services are prescriptive and individualized to your unique needs with the goal of improving resident safety and satisfaction, employee turnover and workload, and reducing liability risk.
- Areas of expertise include QI, documentation, Staffing, Training, Forms, P&P Development, RACs, Culture Change, Media Relations, Resident Safety, Employee Safety, Environmental Safety, Coaching during an Adverse Event or Emerging Risk, and more.
- Training & Support available on-site and on-line through web-based resources or by phone and e-mail.
You have access to the following services as a DigniCARE client – at no additional cost.
- Helpline for Risk Consultation, Resources, & Crisis Support
- Newsletters, Risk Alerts, E-News
- Risk Management Download Center
- Web-based Virtual Risk Assessments
- Webinars (CE credit is available for nurses)
- Onsite Consultation for risk assessment, training and more
We invite you to contact one of our brokers to discuss the DigniCARE program.
Please give us a call at 855.883.6306 or complete the form on this page to locate a broker near you to learn how K&B can make a difference for your operation.